The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition Coming To Blu-rayAugust 12, 2013
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed the Blu-ray release of The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition, which features filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises, along with new featurettes and exclusive collectibles. The 6-disc collection arrives on September 24th.
Batman Begins explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight’s emergence as a force for good in Gotham. In the wake of his parents’ murder, disillusioned industrial heir Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice and turn fear against those who prey on the fearful. He returns to Gotham and unveils his alter-ego: Batman, a masked crusader who uses his strength, intellect and an array of high tech deceptions to fight the sinister forces that threaten the city.
In The Dark Knight, Bale reprises the role of Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves effective, but soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker (Heath Ledger), who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante. Maggie Gyllenhaal replaces Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes. Also returning are Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox.
In The Dark Knight Rises, it has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the fate of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything changes with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar (Anne Hathaway) and a masked terrorist named Bane (Tom Hardy), a man whose ruthless plans for Gotham lure Bruce out of his self-imposed exile.
Tech specs have yet to be detailed. All previously released special features are included, as well as two new exclusive featurettes. The 6-disc set breaks down as follows:
Disc 1- Batman Begins Feature Film and Special Features
Disc 2 – The Dark Knight Feature Film
Disc 3 – The Dark Knight Special Features
Disc 4 – The Dark Knight Rises Feature Film
Disc 5 – The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features:
- The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy – The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
- Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation – For the first time, directors Christopher Nolan and Richard Donner (Superman: The Movie) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
- Exclusive Memorabilia includes:
- Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
- 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from the trilogy
- Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra’s al Ghul
Trailer For The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition courtesy of Movie Clips Trailers
Theatrical Trailer For Batman Begins courtesy of The Cult Box
Theatrical Trailer For The Dark Knight courtesy of Yo Kid 37
Theatrical Trailer For The Dark Knight Rises courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures