Dazed and Confused (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]
8 used from $19.94
- Factory sealed DVD
‘Dazed and Confused’ Criterion Synopsis
America, 1976. The last day of school. Bongs blaze, bell-bottoms ring, and rock and roll rocks. Among the best teen films ever made, Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused eavesdrops on a group of seniors-to-be and incoming freshmen. A launching pad for a number of future stars, Linklater’s first studio effort also features endlessly quotable dialogue and a blasting, stadium-ready soundtrack. Sidestepping nostalgia, Dazed and Confused is less about “the best years of our lives” than the boredom, angst, and excitement of teenagers waiting… for something to happen.
Listen to our film review.
DIRECTOR APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION
- New high-definition digital transfer of the director’s cut, supervised by director Richard Linklater and cinematographer Lee Daniel
- Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 soundtracks (DVD edition); 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack (Blu-ray edition)
- Audio commentary by Linklater
- Making Dazed, a fifty-minute documentary by Kahane Corn
- Rare on-set interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- Footage from the ten-year anniversary celebration
- Audition footage and deleted scenes
- Original theatrical trailer
- A booklet featuring new essays by Kent Jones, Jim DeRogatis, and Chuck Klosterman; memories of the film from the cast and crew; character profiles; and the original film poster by Frank Kozik