‘Good Luck, Miss Wyckoff’ is set in the small town of Freedom, Kansas in 1954, Good Luck, Miss Wyckoff stars Anne Heywood as Evelyn Wyckoff, a virginal high-school teacher who learns that she has started early menopause. Feeling hopeless and isolated, she is advised by her doctor (Vaughn) and psychiatrist (Pleasance) to find a lover, which results in a series of brutal and horrifying events.
‘Good Luck, Miss Wyckoff,’ based on a novel by Pulitzer Prize winning playwright William Inge (Picnic, Splendor in the Grass), is a haunting story of ill-fated lust and sexual repression set against a backdrop of American racism.
‘Good Luck, Miss Wyckoff’ was released on October 27, 1979.
- Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Combo Pack | Region Free | 1.85:1 AR | MONO
- Restored in 2K from the 35mm original camera negative
- Soundtrack CD (Composer, Ernest Gold)
- Re-issue cut “THE SIN” (DVD only)
- Theatrical trailers (DVD only)
- Television spots (DVD only)
- Still gallery (DVD only)
- “Thoughts on William Inge” video interview with Academy Award nominated actress Shirley Knight. (DVD only)
- English subtitles