Good Morning [Blu-ray]
$27.99 in stock
3 used from $28.58
|Is Adult Product|
‘Good Morning / Ohayô’ Movie Synopsis
Good Morning (Ohayô) is the story of two young boys in suburban Tokyo who take a vow of silence after their parents refuse to buy them a television set. Shot from the perspective of the petulant brothers, Good Morning is an enchantingly satirical portrait of family life that gives rise to gags about romance, gossip, and the consumerism of modern Japan during the late 1950’s.
Read the full summary, and listen to our film review on August 20, 2020.
- New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- I Was Born, But…, Yasujiro Ozu’s 1932 silent comedy, with a 2008 score by Donald Sosin
- New interview with film scholar David Bordwell
- New video essay on Ozu’s use of humor by critic David Cairns
- Fragment of A Straightforward Boy, a 1929 silent film by Ozu
- PLUS: An essay by critic Jonathan Rosenbaum
New cover by Tatsuro Kiuchi