For the second straight year, Johnny Depp leads Forbes’ annual list of the top 10 most overpaid actors in Hollywood.
Johnny Depp hasn’t had the best year. After a messy divorce with his wife, Amber Heard, Depp’s last three movies returned just $2.80 at the box office for every $1 he was paid on them. He has been on a career slide starting with 2015’s Mortdecai flop and 2014’s Transcendence failure. If the movies don’t work out for Cap’n Jack, he always has those Hollywood Vampires to fall back on.
Hollywood’s Top 10 Overpaid actors for 2016
- Johnny Depp, returns $2.80 for each $1 paid
- Will Smith, returns $5 for each $1 paid
- Channing Tatum, returns $6 for each $1 paid
- Will Ferrell, returns $6.50 for each $1 paid
- George Clooney, returns $6.70 for each $1 paid
- Adam Sandler, returns $7.60 for each $1 paid
- Mark Wahlberg, returns $9.20 for each $1 paid
- Leonardo DiCaprio, returns $9.90 for each $1 paid
- Julia Roberts, returns $10.80 for each $1 paid
- Bradley Cooper, returns $12.10 for each $1 paid