‘The Howling’ Movie Synopsis
Severely shaken after a near-fatal encounter with a serial killer, TV newscaster Karen White takes some much- needed time off. Hoping to conquer her inner demons, she heads for “the Colony,” a secluded retreat where her new neighbors are just a tad too eager to make her feel at home. Also, there seems to be a bizarre link between her would-be attacker and this supposedly safe haven. And when, after nights of being tormented by savage shrieks and unearthly cries, Karen ventures into the forest to find answers, she makes a terrifying discovery. Now she must fight not only for her life… but for her very soul!
The Howling was released on April 10, 1981 and grossed over $17,985,893 at the box office.
- Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo
- Unleashing the Beast: The Making Of The Howling Multi-part Documentary
- Deleted Scenes And Outtakes
- Making Of A Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Locations
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
Read the full summary.