Gramercy Pictures (I) released Dazed and Confused to theaters on February 10, 1994. Richard Linklater directed the film starring Jason London, Wiley Wiggins, and Matthew McConaughey.
‘Dazed and Confused’ Criterion Summary
America, 1976. The last day of school. Bongs blaze, bell-bottoms ring, and rock and roll rocks. Among the best teen films ever made, Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused eavesdrops on a group of seniors-to-be and incoming freshmen. A launching pad for a number of future stars, Linklater’s first studio effort also features endlessly quotable dialogue and a blasting, stadium-ready soundtrack. Sidestepping nostalgia, Dazed and Confused is less about “the best years of our lives” than the boredom, angst, and excitement of teenagers waiting . . . for something to happen.Buy the Blu-ray
DIRECTOR APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION
- New high-definition digital transfer of the director’s cut, supervised by director Richard Linklater and cinematographer Lee Daniel
- Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 soundtracks (DVD edition); 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack (Blu-ray edition)
- Audio commentary by Linklater
- Making Dazed, a fifty-minute documentary by Kahane Corn
- Rare on-set interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- Footage from the ten-year anniversary celebration
- Audition footage and deleted scenes
- Original theatrical trailer
- A booklet featuring new essays by Kent Jones, Jim DeRogatis, and Chuck Klosterman; memories of the film from the cast and crew; character profiles; and the original film poster by Frank Kozik
We are not affiliated with THE CRITERION COLLECTION.
Please let us know what you think of the film in the comments section, and rate this movie from one to five stars below as well. If there is a film you’d like us to review, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, location, and film choice. And finally, if you are of the social media persuasion, you can look the MHM Podcast Network up on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and if you do, please give us a follow when you find us.
This podcast is not endorsed by The Criterion Collection, and is intended for entertainment and information purposes only. Dazed and Confused, all names and sounds of Dazed and Confused characters, and any other Dazed and Confused related items are registered trademarks and/or copyrights of The Criterion Collection or their respective trademark and/or copyright holders. The song Miami Nights is brought to you by Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. All original content of this podcast is the intellectual property of the Criterion Critics, the MHM Podcast Network, and Fuzzy Bunny Slippers Entertainment LLC unless otherwise noted.