After Earth (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD with Ultra Violet)
$7.99 in stock
26 used from $2.00
- After Earth
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the addition of the sci-fi action film After Earth to their upcoming slate of Blu-ray releases. The film stars the father and son duo of Will Smith and Jaden Smith. After Earth is directed by M. Night Shyamalan and is based on a story that he wrote with Stephan Gaghan and Gary Whitta. The Blu-ray combo pack is currently available for pre-order online and will be available in stores everywhere beginning on October 8th.
In the film, humanity abandoned Earth over a millennia ago, in the interim it has reverted to an almost primordial jungle state. A crash landing leaves teenager Kitai Raige (Jaden Smith) and his legendary father Cypher (Will Smith) stranded on Earth. With Cypher critically injured, Kitai must embark on a perilous journey to signal for help, facing uncharted terrain, evolved animal species that now rule the planet, and an unstoppable alien creature that escaped during the crash. Father and son must learn to work together and trust one another if they want any chance of returning home.
The film was released in May of this years and has grossed over $243 million in worldwide box office to date.
The After Earth Blu-ray will include several special features, including:
- “A Father’s Legacy” featurette – Will and Jaden Smith on and off screen
- “1,000 Years in 300 Seconds” featurette – On Location with the Cast
- “The Nature of the Future” featurette – A look at the landscapes and creatures of the film
- XPRIZE After Earth Robotics Challenge winning video – The reveal of the winning team’s video, with an introduction by Jaden Smith as Kitai Raige
- A Never-Before-Seen Version of the Film’s Opening Sequence
- “Building a World” featurette – A glimpse into the creation of the After Earth universe
- “Pre-Visualizing the Future” featurette – A next-generation approach to action sequences
- “The Animatics of After Earth” featurette – Never-before-seen storyboards and animatics