Lionsgate Films has announced the release date and details of their horror film Texas Chainsaw 3D. The film is directed by John Luessenhop and stars Alexandra Daddario, Tania Raymonde, Scott Eastwood, and Dan Yeager. Texas Chainsaw 3D arrives on Blu-ray on April 30th.
The film continues the story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic left off. In Newt, Texas, people have been going missing without a trace for decades. Years later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young girl named Heather (Daddario) discovers that she has inherited a sprawling Texas estate from an unknown grandmother. To claim her estate, Heather goes on a road trip with her friends to Newt, but soon learns that wealth comes at a price when she discovers the horror that waits in the cellar of her new mansion.
Texas Chainsaw 3D was released in January of 2013 and has grossed over $34 million to date at the box office.
The Blu-ray edition features 3D and 2D presentations of the film, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround track, an UltraViolet digital copy and a variety of extras:
- Two Audio Commentaries: The first with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper, the second with Chainsaw Alumni Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
- Texas Chainsaw Legacy: A look back at the history and 40-year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with Hooper
- Resurrecting the Saw: A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with director John Luessenhop, producer Carl Mazzocone and writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
- The Old Homestead: A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre with production designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Moseley, Hansen, Burns and Dugan
- Casting Terror: Interviews with the cast, including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Kyle Eastwood, Sean Sipos and other
- Leatherface 2013: An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface’s costume, mask and signature chainsaws
- Lights, Camera, Mayhem: A look at the film’s 3D photography with DP Anastas Michos, along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
- It’s in the Meat: A detailed look at the film’s grisly special make-up effects with make-up effects supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and make-up artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty