Scream Factory has announced that it will bring The Burning to Blu-ray this May. The film is directed by Tony Maylam and stars Brian Matthews, Leah Ayres, Brian Backer, and Larry Joshua. The Burning will be making its debut on Blu-ray and will be released in a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack that boasts insightful bonus content, and a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art. The film will be available in stores everywhere on May 21, 2013.
After a cruel joke goes awry, severely burning him and subjecting him to five years of intensive, unsuccessful skin graft treatments, Cropsy (Lou David) is back at camp… and ready to wreak havoc on those who scarred him! With his hedge clippers in hand, he terrorizes the camp and systematically mutilates each victim. Can a few courageous campers save themselves and destroy this demented madman before he kills them all?
A group of summer camp pranksters get the scare of their lives when they target the camp’s creepy caretaker…and he takes bloody revenge! “Gruesome” (The Hollywood Reporter) and “stomach-churning” (Boxoffice), this terrifying tale is “a brilliant slasher flick [and] gory as hell” (slasherpool.com)!
- Audio Commentary with Director Tony Maylam and International Film Journalist Alan Jones
- Audio Commentary with stars Shelley Bruce and Bonnie Deroski
- Blood ‘n’ Fire Memories – A detailed look at the creation of the film’s make-up effects with Special Effects Artist Tom Savini
- Slash & Cut – An interview with editor Jack Sholder
- Cropsy Speaks – An interview with actor Lou David
- Summer Camp Nightmare – An interview with actress Leah Ayres
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Theatrical Trailer
- Make-Up Effects Still Gallery
- Poster & Still Gallery